Thursday, August 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Oreo's



Spotting these Peanut Butter Oreo's on the shelf one day I was intrigued and picked them up (this was before the LimitedEdition Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Oreo's were released). Since I'm a long-time fan of Oreo cookie's I figured chocolate cookie + peanut butter would be magical. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

Opening the cookie package up … they just didn’t give my sniffer a nice whiff of peanut butter – they smelled almost plain (if that makes sense?).  Upon first bite, the chocolate cookies themselves were scrumptious, as they always are ... but the peanut butter filling was boring. It was dry, not very flavorful and was overall a let down. I didn’t find they had a stand-out peanut butter flavor … which is a let down if you’re eating a peanut butter cookie. I was so let down by them, I ate one cookie and gave the rest of the package away because it wasn't worth even trying to enjoy.  I would have been better off, opening the two cookies, scraping the filling off and slapping some peanut butter from the cabinet onto it. Now, that would've been magical.

A serving is 2 cookies which are 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment