Sunday, August 10, 2014

Edy's Limited Edition Fun 'n the Sun Banana Split Ice Cream

I'm a self proclaimed banana junkie -- meaning I really enjoy banana flavored foods. Back in the day, Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey was one of my favorite ice creams because it's a banana flavored treat.  One of my local ice cream shops makes homemade banana ice cream and it's amazingly delicious. I've been on the hunt for a decent lighter banana ice cream ... and I just so happened to find Edy's Limited Edition Fun 'n the Sun Banana Split Ice Cream at the grocery store one day.

What sold me off the bat was of course the banana ice cream part. According to the label this is: "Banana light ice cream with cherry-on-top and fudge swirls." This ice cream is all that and more. It's delicious ... a nice smooth banana ice cream which doesn't have that artificial aftertaste to it. In every other bite there's a hint of chocolate fudge swirled in and the cherry swirls are heavenly. The cherry I found to be reminiscent of jam and has a slightly chewy texture to it. It's delicious and probably one of my favorite Edy's flavors so far

Sadly, this is a limited edition flavor ... but it should undoubtedly be part of the Edy's line.

A 1/2 cup serving is 100 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment