Thursday, August 7, 2014

Specialty Selected (Aldi) Blueberry Scones with Icing

I watched a Laura Vitale YouTube video and immediately found myself wanting to try a scone. I've seen scones from time to time but had never truly tried one. Not sure why ... I've seen them for sale at bakeries and pre-packaged at shops but just never gave one a shot. That is until I spotted these Specialty Selected Blueberry Scones with Icing at Aldi.

The scones are raw and require baking ... but a quick 10 minute jaunt in the oven and they are done and ready to roll. That is only until you put the icing over the top of the scones and let them sit on the baking pan for a few minutes.  Letting them sit on the pan for a few moments is crucial ... admittedly I removed 2 (one for myself and one for my boyfriend) and we found the inside wasn't quite solid and flaky. But as they were able to sit they hardened up a bit more.

The scones themselves were good and tasty, a perfect blueberry flavor. The icing added the hint of sweetness that it needed which made it a perfect dessert.  These are sold in a variety of flavors and can be purchased at Aldi store locations (for a limited time, I presume).

Each scone is 200 calories or 5 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment