Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trader Joe’s “This Pumpkin walks into a Bar…” Cereal Bars

In honor of my pumpkin adoration, I picked up a box of Trader Joe’s “This Pumpkin walks into a Bar…” Cereal Bars. I personally have not tried any of the cereal bars at Trader Joe’s, so what better introduction to them than a pumpkin one?  Plus with a pun in its name (the same pun is in all the Trader Joe’s cereal bars names) it makes for a conversational piece.

When opening the package, I was rewarded with a nice pumpkin spiced scent. The bars are truthfully your average cereal bar – hearty, flavorful and they do the trick.  The bars are not overly sweet, which is appreciated because sometimes sweet first thing in the morning is not what I am looking for.  They have a nutty, whole grain characteristic to them as most cereal bars tend to have. The filling is not very sweet, but there is a nice underlying pumpkin flavor throughout the whole thing. It makes me feel a little “healthier” when eating this, over some of the other pumpkin bars out on the market this time of the year.  Regardless, this is yummy and I did enjoy it.

Each bar is 140 calories or 4 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the cereal bars at Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment