Sunday, October 20, 2013

Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Waffles

I spotted these Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Waffles at the store a number of times, while I’ve also seen an Eggo version at Target. I held back on purchasing because we had other breakfast items at home (frozen waffles, bagels, English muffins, toast, etc.) But during a quick Trader Joe’s run I decided just to pick them up because … I’m a pumpkin fanatic. What can I say?

I popped two in the toaster to heat through and crisp up. Since they’re frozen there wasn’t an immediate pumpkin smell – and there wasn’t one even while heating these in the toaster. I drizzled them with a tablespoon of maple syrup and dug in … but I have to admit I was mildly disappointed.  I mean, they’re good because they are waffles and waffles are pretty hard to screw up (unless you burn them). BUT with these the pumpkin flavor is so mild you really can’t even detect it and it tastes like a plain waffle.  So if you’re looking for an obvious pumpkin flavor, these don’t pack that punch.

A serving is 2 waffles, which are 180 calories or 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite flavored waffle?

No comments:

Post a Comment