Monday, October 14, 2013

Smart Ones Loaded Potato Soup

I picked up a box of Smart Ones Loaded Potato Soup while at Target. I had tried the Southwestern soup and was quite a fan, so I decided to try the other available flavors.  I’m not a big soup fan in general, and I’m usually not a fan of canned soups … I just feel those soups are tinny and taste “fake”, if that at all makes sense.  But with a frozen soup it tastes better, and perhaps just in my mind, it helps make it a little homier.

The Loaded Potato soup is described as “creamy potato soup loaded with sour cream, turkey bacon, and chives, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese.  After heating the soup in the microwave, I gave it a swirl, let it cool for a few minutes and enjoyed. I have to say, this soup is very pleasant. The potatoes are a little “crunchy”, but they’re not raw and they’re certainly not mushy so it’s a proper consistency. It’s creamy, there are bits of cheese throughout it, and the turkey bacon is a main ingredient.  All the flavors blend together nicely and it really is a home run.  I wouldn’t say this is filling enough to be a sole contender in a meal, but with a side salad or even a small sandwich it’s a win-win.

A bowl of soup is 150 calories or 4 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Smart Ones frozen soups?

No comments:

Post a Comment