Sunday, October 13, 2013

Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle



This here is Chocolate Chip Brownie Brittle by Sheila G also referred to as brownie crack. Seriously, this stuff is AMAZING! When this first popped up at my grocery store last year, I thought it was something you had to bring home to bake (thinking it was brownie mix). I was given a bag to try because my love of brownies and chocolate chip cookies was known.

Brownie Brittle is what you’d get if a brownie and crispy cookie were married. Basically it’s brownie batter, that’s poured into a pan (in a very thin layer) and baked off. Since the layer is so thin all moisture is lost and it becomes very crunchy, crispy and delicious. This particular variation is the chocolate chip variety (there are 4 other flavors available – walnut, toffee, salted caramel and mint chocolate chip, but I’ve found them to be difficult to find). The chocolate chips are on top of the brittle adding a little extra sweetness. They come in 2 sizes -- a smaller 4 oz bag which has 4 servings in it and a GIGANTIC 20 oz bag that has 20 servings (which are sold at wholesale clubs, etc).

I’ve considered possibly trying to make this -- but I also wonder if I’d end up burning it to a crisp. I will say, if you like brownies and you like cookies -- I’d strongly suggest picking this up if you ever come across it. It’s totally worth it!

Each serving is 6 of the crisps, which are typically pretty big sized pieces.  A serving is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you given brownie brittle a try if you’ve seen it in stores?

No comments:

Post a Comment