Thursday, October 24, 2013

Boo Berry Cereal

One of my favorite parts of October, outside of Halloween and dressing up is picking up one of my favorite Halloween breakfast items- Boo Berry Cereal! From what I understand this is available year round at some stores, but for the most part in my area (at least from what I’ve seen) this is only available from September through November.

Boo Berry cereal is similar to Lucky Charms being there are marshmallow bits throughout the cereal. The cereal itself is blueberry flavored. Like most flavored cereals, this changes the milk to a lovely blue hue and sweetens it up as well.  I don’t typically eat sweeter cereals for breakfast, but this is an exception to the rule every year.

A serving of cereal is 1 cup – but typically I find a ¾ cup cereal is more than enough, especially if I am going to be pairing the cereal with milk and a piece of fresh fruit.  A 1 cup serving is 130 calories or 4 points plus values.  A ¾ cup serving is only 3 points plus values. It’s definitely worth it for a once yearly treat.

QUESTION:
Do you have a favorite Halloween themed cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment