Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Biscotti

I picked up a container of Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Biscotti after spotting them rather accidentally. I was looking to grab a pack of the Five Seed Almond Bars when I noticed the bright orange container. My attention was immediately diverted so I picked up the container to check out the nutrition facts. Right then a Trader Joe’s employee walked by and said “those are delicious!” … and we can say, that sealed the deal.

I enjoy biscotti cookies and I love pumpkin – and since I have never had pumpkin biscotti I felt it would be a nice treat.  My personal favorite biscotti are chewier biscotti, not the classic hard biscotti … which these are. These particular biscotti are very crunchy and hard and are best to eat with tea or coffee … as regular biscotti tend to be best eaten.  Taste wise these are pumpkin spice flavored, whereas texture wise they’re hard, crunchy and slightly crispy.  I’m not saying these are bad, they’re good … but I’d enjoy them a lot more if they were slightly chewy, but that’s just personal preference.

A serving is 2 biscotti cookies, which are 110 calories or 3 points plus. The biscotti cookies are smaller – smaller than the size of your finger.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite type of biscotti?

No comments:

Post a Comment