Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli

Since I am a pumpkin aficionado when I spotted the Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Pumpkin Ravioli I of course added it to my shopping cart. I figured: pasta and pumpkin how can you go wrong? Now I admit, the last time I tried Trader Joe’s ravioli (the lobster ravioli) it did not end well.

I cooked them per the box directions. I brought salted water up to boil. Once boiling I added the ravioli to it and let them cook for almost 3-minutes until they began to float a bit. The texture had visibly changed, so I removed them from the water. I added my ravioli to a bowl and spritzed with some spray butter.

These were very enjoyable. The pasta was perfect, nice, chewy and fresh. The filling was perfectly pumpkin – a bit sweet and very reminiscent of pumpkin pie filling.  It was a perfect little meal (which I enjoyed for lunch). But if you were to have this for dinner or wanted to bulk this up to make it more filling you could add a protein to the side that would compliment the pumpkin flavor.

A serving is half the package (5 ravioli) and 240 calories, which is 6 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite ravioli?

No comments:

Post a Comment