Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Weight Watcher Protein Pancake with Sauteed Banana



I have been a big fan of protein pancakes using Weight Watcher smoothie mix. I saw on a fellow Weight Watchers instagram feed (and fellow blogger) where she posted her go at protein pancakes. I used to make my protein pancakes with 3 tbsp egg whites but Brooke uses 1/3 cup (2 1/3 tbsp more) and I actually like the consistency of these pancakes a lot more. They actually taste more pancakey … but flatter and not puffy.

The winner-winner in this whole thing is the sautéed banana to put on top of the pancake. It’s filling PLUS it gets in a teaspoon (or two) of healthy oil in one shot without even having to think about it. I’ve recently started incorporating frozen berries in with the banana and I think it’s absolutely amazing. Filling, delicious and they all play off one another amazingly without the need for syrup. I’ve enjoyed this so much that I’ve made it almost every single day for nearly two weeks!  Pretty soon I’m going to be in need of smoothie mix … and I can only hope there’s a sale!

WW Protein Pancake with Sauteed banana – 4 points plus. Serves 1.
  • Weight Watcher Smoothie mix (any flavor of your choice)
  • 1/3 cup egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 banana, cut into small chunks
  • Cinnamon (to taste)

Mix smoothie mix with egg whites, mix well until combined and chunks are gone.

Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, pour batter into pan and allow to cook. Watch closely as it will not really bubble like classic pancake mix, once browned on one side, flip and cook on the other side.  Remove from pan.

Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the nonstick skillet, heat then add in banana.  Cook while mixing in the pan, season with cinnamon and finish cooking to your liking. Pour sautéed banana over pancake & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment