Thursday, October 3, 2013

Asian Glazed Chicken



My mother used to make a similar marinade for chicken wings and it was literally the BEST marinade and was truly the only reason I would eat chicken wings. One night I wanted to make an Asian influence dinner but was trying to figure out what to do with the chicken I had out.  I then decided to use the similar marinade on the chicken and bake it off in the oven.  The one difference in the marinade I made was that I cut back on the sugar and reduced the orange juice because I wasn’t making enough chicken for a party.  I also only marinated my chicken for a few hours versus a few days.

I decided to serve the meal up with Trader Joe’s Chicken Egg Rolls, Trader Joe’s Chicken Fried Rice and steamed green beans.

Serves 5 (roughly 3 oz a serving). 4 points plus values (if more than ½ the marinade is discarded after removing the chicken from it)
  • 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, chunks
  • ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp minced garlic
  • ¼ cup brown sugar
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
In a medium bowl add in soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil and orange juice. Mix to combine.

Add chicken to the bowl, mix and cover then place in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours to marinate.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add chicken to a foil-lined pan. Discard remaining marinade. Bake for 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment