Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Dinner: Chili topped Potato



The other night I honestly wasn’t in the mood to cook – I had a pretty rough day and throwing together a meal was the last thing I wanted to put the time or even thought into. Because I wanted to make good food decisions I opted for taking some of my homemade beef and bean chili (see the recipe here) out of the freezer.  I plunked it into a large pan with about ¼ cup of water and let it melt down and come to a light boil over medium heat.  When just about done, I opened a 4 ounce can of tomato sauce and added it in, stirred it up and dinner was served.  Very little effort, truly no thinking and it was exactly what I needed.

I washed a potato and put it into the microwave to cook up. 5 minutes later, my potato was done, so I cut it up into pieces, added it into a trivet, sprinkled it with pepper and a dash of salt, then topped it with 1 cup of beef and bean chili. I threw a serving of garden salad alongside the dish, topped it with 1 tablespoon of fat free dressing and dinner was served.  Simple, delicious and overall easy!

The greatest part was the whole meal was only 7 points plus. Worth it!

QUESTION:
Do you rely on frozen leftovers when you’re in a bind?

No comments:

Post a Comment