Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies

I had seen the limited edition fall Pepperidge Farm cookies at Target since mid-September but I refrained from picking them up because I was a little apprehensive. I’m a Pepperidge Farm cookie fan, but typically I enjoy the crunchy cookies like Sausalito, etc.

While in Target truthfully looking for a sweet treat, I decided to pick up a pack of Pepperidge Farm Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookies.  Bringing the bag home, I tucked them away in the closet and forgot about them for 2-weeks. Then one night, I wanted something sweet so I decided to have one.  The cookies themselves are soft, so soft that they stick together.  Taste wise they have a very mild pumpkin flavor, but it’s more spice than pumpkin.  The cheesecake candy chunks are rather large and just too sweet – the cookie has a reminiscent cheesecake flavoring, but it’s all together too sweet. Yes, sweeter than a regular slice of cheesecake.  I was quite grossed out by the sweetness that I ended up giving them away because I couldn’t handle more than the cookie I ate.  If I’m in the mood for a Pepperidge Farm cookie, I think I’ll stick to Sausalito or even their oatmeal cookie.

A cookie is 130 calories or 3 points plus each. I’d say worth it if you’re a cookie fan and enjoy a sweet cheesecake, mildly pumpkin spiced flavored treat. But otherwise, I’d say not so much.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite cookie?

No comments:

Post a Comment