Friday, October 11, 2013

Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Soup

I picked up a container of the Trader Joe’s Butternut Squash Soup a while back because it sounded delicious and the picture on the container looked as such.  With it being fall, and the soup being one of my favorite vegetables (well, squash in general), I decided to finally give this a whirl.

Opening the container and pouring it into a measuring cup, I admit I was slightly grossed out – but I have to say it smelled and reminded me exactly of baby food. Baby food weirds me out in itself – but that’s a whole other story (texture/food smell issues). Trying to not form an opinion just yet, I put the bowl into the microwave and heated it through. Taste wise its okay … but I picked up more of a pumpkin-like flavoring.  It’s creamy, it’s flavorful and a serving is 1 cup.  It’s not bad, but it’s just not my cup of tea.

A 1 cup serving is 90 calories, or 2 points plus values.

QUESTION;
What is one of your favorite soups in the market?

No comments:

Post a Comment