Monday, October 28, 2013

Garden Lites Veggie Chili & Cornbread Melt

While at the “super” Target I noticed they carried the full array of Garden Lites frozen dishes, so I picked up the Garden Lites Veggie Chili & Cornbread Melt. I had tried one of the Garden Lites soufflés over a year and a half ago and wasn’t a fan … but I decided to give them another go – and I’m glad I did.

This particular entre caught my attention not only because it looked delicious – but the fact it had cornbread in it!  I love chili and I love cornbread, so I figured it had to be a perfect match. Even though the plastic on my dish ripped taking it out of the box, I heated the dish up per the box directions. It didn’t dry out, it just made a little bit of a mess while cooking. But nonetheless it was delicious. The chili was flavorful, packed with veggies and beans. The cornbread was delicious while also nice and soft. The cheese on top of the chili was complimentary of the flavors without being overwhelmingly cheddary.  I really enjoyed these and plan on picking up another dish next time I’m near the Target that caries all the flavors.

One thing I enjoy about the Garden Lites brand is the fact the Weight Watchers Points Plus Values are printed on the back of the box. I certainly helps in making deciding what to try easier because I don’t have to individually calculate each box.

A serving (the whole dish) is 200 calories or 5 points plus values. Quite worth it for what you get!

QUESTION:
What is your favorite frozen chili?

No comments:

Post a Comment