Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pure Protein Shake Cookies n Crème

While grocery shopping I picked up a bottle of the Pure Protein Shake Cookies n Crème. I had seen the Cookies n Crème flavor in stores for a while and had wanted to try it. I’ve tried both the chocolate and vanilla and I have to say I am pretty impressed with this line of protein drinks.

The Cookies n Crème flavor is not quite what I expected. When I think of cookies n crème I think of vanilla base with oreo cookie bits running through it. This particular protein drink is chocolate based with a hint of vanilla and cookies in the background.  It’s definitely far more chocolate than any other flavoring – but regardless of that, it is good. But if you’re looking for classic cookies n crème flavoring you will not find it with this product.  I enjoy these drinks because they’re loaded with protein (23g), are convenient and they are not chalky or have a weird aftertaste to them. They’re delicious, filling and come in a few flavors to offer some variety.

If you are a powder protein fan, they do sell powdered protein in stores. I’ve seen it sold in my local grocery store – Market Basket, Hannaford and Wal-Mart.  Calorie wise a 12 ounce bottle is 120 calories of 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite protein drink/mix?

No comments:

Post a Comment