Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Trader Joe’s Many Clove Garlic Cooking & Simmer Sauce



I spotted and picked up a jar of Trader Joe’s Many Clove Garlic Cooking & Simmer Sauce what felt like many moons ago. I’m a huge fan of garlic, so I immediately wanted to give this a try. So I purchased it ... and then was puzzled as to what to do with it. Since I had never tried it before, I wasn’t sure of how intensely garlic it would be.

After seeing it in the cabinet time after time, I decided to give it a go … and I went about it in the “safest” way possible. I used my crock pot!  I took a pack of chicken (roughly 1 ½ - 2 pounds) out of the freezer, let it defrost and cleaned the fat off it. I put the chicken into the crock pot, covered it with the jar of sauce, put a lid on my crock pot and set it on high. I let it cook for 6 ½ hours and it came out perfectly.

I served it up with baked potato, green beans and I happened to have a side of beets with my dinner. It was perfect – the sauce on the chicken was delicious! The chicken was moist and the garlic flavor was perfect. A plus side too with this is that even though it was cooking in my crock pot, it did not make my entire house smell like a field of garlic or like I was trying to ward off vampires.

On my last trip through Trader Joe’s I did pick another jar of this sauce up. I plan on trying a pasta dish with it … and I have a feeling it’ll come out fabulously.

A ½ cup serving of the sauce is 70 calories or 2 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Many Clove Garlic Cooking & Simmer Sauce?


2 comments:

  1. i picked up some of this today. I love to saute my shrimp in garlic EVOO and was hoping this would give it more of a zing. haven't tried it yet though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I enjoyed shrimp I'd totally try that because it sounds good ... but I'm more of a baked stuffed shrimp person (my mothers recipe) only if I'm going to be diving into the shrimp realm.

      Delete