Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Guilt Free Banana Cream Pie



Banana Cream Pie is one of those desserts that I have always favored and oddly enough it’s usually in the late summer/fall time that I enjoy it.  While grocery shopping my boyfriend picked up a box of banana cream pie mix while in the produce department.  I used that package many, many years ago, but I’ve grown to enjoy my version of banana cream pie a lot more. We decided that I’d make my version and we’d see if he liked it.

A few days later, I picked up the ingredients and made the pie a few hours before dinner so it could sit in the fridge and get nice and cold. Turns out it was a hit!  I simply love this pie, not only because it’s point comfortable, but because it’s so easy to make and you really don’t miss the full fat version.  Of course, if you wanted whipped cream you could add a few dollops of fat free or light cool whip to the top to seal the deal. But I personally enjoy it just like this.

Granted this is not really a “recipe” but I wanted to share a very point friendly dessert I like to make.

Serves 8. 4 points plus valus.
Ingredients:
  • Keebler Reduced Fat Ready Crust Graham Cracker Crust
  • Jell-O Sugar Free Banana Cream Pudding
  • 2 cups fat free milk
  • 1 banana, sliced

Slice banana and layer sliced banana along the bottom of the graham cracker crust.

In a medium bowl whisk together Jell-O Pudding and milk. Blend for roughly 5 minutes until the jell-o has thickened and there are no more clumps.

Pour the pudding over the bananas.  Place into the refrigerator for a minimum of 1-hour to chill down completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment