Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread – Pumpkin Spice



I spotted this limited edition Pepperidge Farm Swirl Bread – Pumpkin Spice while at the grocery store and I had to give it a try.  Since I have a deep love for pumpkin I opted for this flavor over the caramel apple swirl bread. I love raisin bread and this smells sweet like raisin bread, but mildly pumpkiny so into the cart it went.  I’m helping my boyfriend find an appreciation for pumpkin things and this is one of the pumpkin items he was more than willing to try.

I’ve enjoyed it toasted with spray butter on it and my boyfriend has had this transformed into French toast.  It’s good mildly sweet, mildly pumpkin tasting and very reminiscent of cinnamon raisin swirl bread.  I enjoy this because it’s a dense bread and when toasted it’s crunchy, but it’s still got a soft quality to it (well, unless you burn it).

One slice is a serving, which is 80 calories or 2 points plus values.  Not bad and worth it, particularly if you’re looking for a change up in the breakfast/snack bread department.

QUESTION:
Have you tried either of the limited edition swirl breads?

No comments:

Post a Comment