Monday, June 10, 2013

McDonald’s Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie

I received a Klout Perk containing a $5 McDonald’s Arch Card (gift card) to try out the new McDonald’s Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie.  I have tried a few variations of McDonald’s smoothies since they’ve been introduced to the menu and I have found they’re pretty tasty and one of the better “on the go” smoothies to purchase in comparison to other items out there (like milkshakes, juices, etc).

The smoothie, as expected, was quite delicious.  I’ve tried a few different smoothies at McDonald’s and have yet to find one that I didn’t think was tasty.  I’m a big smoothie fan. I make them at home, granted, for a lot less points, but when out and about for convenience I occasionally splurge, especially if it’s something I want.  The smoothie is moderately thick and it does thin out as the ice in it begins to melt.  Flavor wise it was definitely blueberry pomegranate – both flavors being equally prominent in the beverage. The blueberry was a bit more noticeable, but either way it was tasty.  Not too sweet, not to tart it was just a perfect blend of the two fruits.  Refreshing and delicious.

I purchased a large smoothie which would have cost me 9 points plus values if I drank the entire thing – but I decided to split it with my boyfriend.  Half of the large ended up being 4 points plus values.  It was actually a lot cheaper (as it is with most fast food places) to buy the large size and since we were going to share it, it was worthwhile.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any smoothies from McDonald’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment