Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thomas’ Limited Edition Banana Bread English Muffins



I love banana bread so when I saw these Thomas’ Limited Edition Banana Bread English Muffins they immediately had to become part of my grocery purchase.

English muffins are quite a breakfast food staple, at least for me – growing up it was either toast or English muffins.  Whereas, banana bread has always been a classic homemade breakfast food/snack/dessert that my family made for each other as well as family friends.  I quite enjoy the two on their own and have even incorporated English muffins into pizza and banana bread flavorings into pancakes.  So, needless to say when I spotted these I was completely and utterly intrigued. I just made homemade banana bread which was the same points plus equivalent.  These also smelled heavenly – even through the plastic bag they’re sold in!

My 15 month old nephew was over, so I figured it was a perfect time to try one out, so I toasted one up, spritzed it with spray butter and he and I shared one.  I thought it was so yummy - a modern twist on a classic.  Since I toasted mine, you get that expected exterior crisp on the outside, the inside being a little bit softer.  The flavor is undoubtedly banana bread (sans nuts) and I did not find the flavoring to be overwhelming or “fake”.  I quite enjoyed it. You may be asking, what were my nephew’s sentiments? “Yum!”

One muffin is 4 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Thomas’ banana bread English muffins?

5 comments:

  1. I tried them and I loved them! Now they do not carry them at my store anymore. A cruel joke Thomas's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is certainly a cruel joke! I hope you can find them again before they're gone for good.

      Delete
    2. Check Walmart. It's the only place I have seen them! Just got some Tuesday.

      Delete
    3. Love, love LOVE them! I get them at my local Freihofers store.

      Delete
  2. Get them at Walmart Hometown, PA but they don't have them at our local supermarket. I just requested them. Thomas's needs to make them all of the time.

    ReplyDelete