Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father’s Day Dinner @ Longhorn!

On Father’s Day I took my dad out for lunch to the restaurant of his choice.  After talking about where to go, my dad decided on Longhorn.  After he made his decision I went onto the Longhorn website, checked out their menu and nutritional information and decided on the dish I was going to order.  I had never been to Longhorn before so I was going into my choice rather blind.  Sure I was able to read the description, but I’ve found something can sound yummy on paper – but when you’re presented it, it’s not palatable. Thankfully my food choice was delicious.

I ordered off the Flavorful Under 500 section of the menu.  The specific dish I ordered was the Sierra Chicken, lighter portion.  The meal came with the chicken, along with fresh vegetables or green beans and a side salad.

The Sierra Chicken is a piece of grilled chicken served with tomato-basil salsa over the top.  The regular Sierra Chicken dish is served over a bed of rice, but since my dish was from the Flavorful Under 500 I opted for green beans.  I did request that the green beans be plain (they typically come pre-seasoned with garlic) and thankfully the kitchen staff were able to provide me with plain steamed green beans.  Whereas for my side salad it was recommended to order the salt with cheese, no croutons and raspberry vinaigrette.  I opted for a salad with no cheese and croutons but with low fat ranch on the side (not tossed with the salad as it typically comes).

The Sierra chicken dish was 7 points plus and I gave the low fat ranch dressing 1 points plus because I was dipping my fork into the dressing and barely used any.  Nonetheless this was a completely delicious meal and it may be the very reason I return to Longhorn!

QUESTION:
Do you have a favorite dish at Longhorn?

No comments:

Post a Comment