Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Trader Joe’s Multigrain Slims



I am a self proclaimed carb-a-holic.  I love bread particularly bread straight out of the oven.  But since I try to limit my intake of certain types of bread (particularly warm sticks of bread) I’m always on a mission to find a new flavor/type of bread that’s unique, different and low in points plus values.

When Arnold’s came out with their flat breads I was sold. I used them for sandwiches, I used them as replacements for hamburger/hot dog buns and I even made grilled cheese sandwiches on them.  So while at Trader Joe’s, I spotted their Trader Joe’s Multigrain Slims AND they were a point plus value LESS than the Arnold’s brand.  Sold!

If you’re familiar with the Arnold’s flat breads, then these taste exactly the same (like a thin multigrain bread). The thickness it the same, they don’t taste any different and they’re only 2 points plus values!

One thing to keep in mind is Trader Joe’s breads typically do not contain preservatives so they tend to go bad (mold) quickly, so I wouldn’t suggest stocking up on these unless you plan on possibly freezing a pack.  Otherwise, they are delicious.  I stored mine on the counter top and they were good for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment