Thursday, June 6, 2013

Peach Cobbler Pie

This is one of my indulgent grocery store purchases. I wanted something sweet and my nose, okay, so, stomach led me to the bakery department. The donuts were already gone and the strawberry shortcake parfaits were gone.  Then I spotted it – at first I thought it was some sort of apple cobbler, but when I read the label Peach Cobbler Pie I picked it up and put it into my cart.

With my pie in hand, I started my way out of the bakery department and turned back around. I was having a moment of indecisiveness. Should I buy it, should I put it back, should I try to find something different?  My brain started yelling “I should probably figure out the points plus values…” so I took out my phone, turned the pie a bit so I could view the nutrition label and figured it out.  1/6th of the pie was 9 points plus.  Okay, not terrible but not the greatest.  But its peach cobbler pie (oh my!)!Yes, this is how I reason with myself … silently.

So, I bought it and brought it home and it was absolutely delicious.  Worth every single bit of those 9 points plus.  My boyfriend thought it was delicious as well.  It was a classic peach cobbler but with a pie crust (truly my favorite part of any pie). Fabulous and pure genius if you ask me.  Will I purchase it again?  Probably … but not any time soon.  It’s just too good.

QUESTION:
Have you ever had Peach Cobbler Pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment