Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trader Joe’s Grilled Chicken Cacciatore over Carba-Nada pasta



I spotted an item I hadn’t seen at my local Trader Joe’s before so I decided to pick it up.  After a few days, I opted to make the Trader Joe’s Grilled Chicken Cacciatore into a lunch.  Because I typically eat my homemade chicken cacciatore with rice or pasta, I whipped up 1 ½ cups of Carba-nada pasta. While my pasta was cooking, I heated the grilled chicken cacciatore in the microwave per the directions on the back of the package.

After emptying the contents out of the cooking pouch, the chicken is provided in a large breast.  Not a big deal to have to cut the chicken up because each container houses 3 servings.  After dishing up my serving over my pasta, the true taste test happened.  The sauce is decent – not the greatest tasting sauce, but okay.  It’s got flavorful spices in it as well as a few vegetables such as peas, mushrooms and onion.  The chicken is where it got a little weird for me.  The chicken is labeled as grilled but texture wise it didn’t have any textured char marks on it meaning the chicken was rather soft.  I am a texture person when it comes to food and after a few pieces of chicken I ended up giving the remainder of my chicken to my dog – but I did eat the rest of the sauce with my pasta.

I am not saying this is horrible, it’s a passable meal, but if you’re weirded out by textures of meats then this may very well be a skip for you.  I think if the chicken had actual char marks on it which changed the outside texture of the meat, it would be decent.  If you like quick and easy dinner/lunch ideas and are a fan of cacciatore then this would be something worth picking up.

A serving – 1/3 of the package is 4 points plus.  The entire meal pictured including the pasta was 7 points plus.

QUESTION:
Have you ever tried the grilled chicken cacciatore from Trader Joe’s?


No comments:

Post a Comment