Sunday, June 16, 2013

Trader Joe’s Cheddar & Horseradish flavored Potato Chips



When I saw these Cheddar & Horseradish flavored Potato Chips on the Trader Joe’s website I knew I had to put them on my TJ’s shopping list.  I’ve tried cheddar and horseradish chips in the past and have completely fallen in love with the flavor.  I happen to be a HUGE lover of horseradish (it’s an unnatural obsession, especially on roast beef sandwiches – I pile it on almost in unhealthy nostril/senses burning levels).

These chips were a slam dunk for me. Cheddary but with a strong bite of horseradish.  They’d be completely overwhelming for someone with a very mediocre/mild palette.  Meaning these are truly not meant for the faint of heart.  If you can’t handle the natural bite and heat that comes from horseradish – beware.  If you enjoy the heat and burn, then these will undoubtedly be for you.  The first chip I had, my tongue was like “Whoa!” but after that first chip I was hooked.  They were delicious.  They’d be perfect paired with a sandwich to help break down the heat index, but they’re also perfect right out of the bag.

The texture of the chips is VERY crunchy.  They are wavy cut kettle chips, so they’ve got that natural crunch from a wave but since they’re kettle cooked they’re even crunchier.  My boyfriend wouldn’t eat them, so needless to say these were my treasure for a week.

A 1 ounce serving (or about 10 chips) was 4 points plus. Totally worth it, if you ask me.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Cheddar & Horseradish chips from Trader Joe’s or by any other brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment