Monday, June 3, 2013

Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookies



I purchased these Speculoos Cookies from Trader Joe’s the moment I saw them on the shelf.  I am a big fan of Cookie Butter and gingerbread cookies and desserts in general, plus anything that is used to make Cookie Butter is fabulousness in my opinion.  The fact that the nutrition information is very forgiving is undoubtedly the reason I purchased these cookies.

The cookies are the size of shortbread cookies or lady fingers and they’re delicious. They’re good with ice cream, by themselves or even with a cup of coffee or tea.

If you’ve had Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter then you know exactly what these taste like (just think if Cookie Butter were a crunchy cookie).  If you haven’t then it’s a crispy form of Cookie Butter.  The flavor of the cookies is gingerbread, cinnamon and just udder deliciousness in a crispy cookie form.  I really enjoy these cookies and I admit I went out on a “limb” and purchased 2 boxes before even trying them.  Needless to say I ended up having to purchase another box next time I went to the store because one of my boxes was confiscated (not by me – honest).

Everyone that has tried these has given them two thumbs up.  My boyfriend enjoys them with our homemade ice cream sundaes.  I enjoy them with ice cream or straight out of the box.  My mother enjoys them with a cup of coffee.  I’ve even given a few to my 3 ½ year old niece and she likes them.  They’re just a standup little cookie.

One of the greatest parts is that you can have 4 cookies in a serving for 4 points plus values. Not bad at all!

QUESTION:
Have you tried Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookies?

1 comment:

  1. Yes...I am a fan of Speculoos. They are truly light and delicious, which makes them either hard to stop eating, or, provides an excellent opportunity to practice self-discipline. Perhaps both. I just bought a box today and forgot to bring them with me to work. : (

    ReplyDelete