Monday, June 17, 2013

Trader Joe’s Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms

I purchased these Spinach & Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms from Trader Joe’s and have snacked on them here and there since purchasing.  Since my boyfriend doesn’t like mushrooms these were solely a purchase for me to make to enjoy.  I enjoy stuffed mushrooms (fried or baked) but my favorite all time stuffed mushrooms are from a recipe my mom whipped together.  I admit, it’s the stuffing I love the most, but with the mushrooms I enjoy it quite a lot.

The mushrooms are stuffed with just as the box describes a spinach and cheese stuffing.  I did find I needed to cook them slightly different than how the box describes.  I baked them at 425 for 10 minutes and then poured out the water from the pan (as the mushrooms cook [frozen] they expel water) if you don’t pour the water out the mushrooms just kind of stay soggy and gross.  After the water is poured out, I increase the temperature to 450 and cook for the remaining 10 minutes.  It then crunches up the top and helps to draw some of the excess liquid out of the mushroom caps – not all (I’d prefer them dryer) but they’re good.  They’re not the best stuffed mushrooms I’ve ever had, but they are a nice treat every once in a while.

The greatest part is a serving size is 2 mushrooms and it’s 2 points plus, or 1 point plus per mushroom.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Spinach & Cheese stuffed mushrooms from Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment