Thursday, June 20, 2013

Whole Foods Chicken Tikka Masala



I purchased this reheat and go Chicken Tikka Masala from Whole Foods.  I love Indian food, but I don’t have it very often. Since my boyfriend isn’t a huge fan for spicy Indian dishes, I tend to gravitate towards frozen or microwavable Indian dishes so I can enjoy them.  Needless to say when I saw this at Whole Foods – without the rice, I had to pick it up.

I heated it up in the microwave and separated it into two containers.  The first day I ate it out of a bowl with some pita bread.  I was literally starving and was boarding on “hangry” and I found it was satisfying and filling.  It is s spicy dish; spicy enough to make my nose start to run, but it wasn’t overwhelmingly hot.    The next day I ate the remainder for lunch over some salad and I found the greens and carrots really helped bring the heat intensity down and it was delicious.  Definitely a nice “go to” meal for me to pick up if I were ever in a bind (at work with a Whole Foods local) and needed something flavorful but lower in points for lunch.

The container houses 2 servings, a serving being 8 ounces (containing the sauce, not just the chicken).  Weighing it out I found there was roughly about 3 ounces of chicken (coated in sauce) in my meal and I added in about 2 ounces of extra sauce.  According to the nutrition information label an 8 ounce serving translated to 4 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of Whole Foods packaged microwavable meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment