Monday, June 24, 2013

My very simple polish dinner



I decided to make a very polish dinner because I’d been dying for some sauerkraut (which my boyfriend hates) and needed a reason to make the sauerkraut pierogi’s I had purchased at a local grocery store.  My mother and aunt typically make homemade pierogi once a year, but that’s around Christmas time, so the other 11 months out of the year I rely on frozen options.  I purchased a refrigerated type by the brand Kasia’s from Shaw’s.  These are the most authentic pierogi’s I’ve had – because even though I enjoy frozen pierogi they’re nothing in comparison to homemade and the Kasia’s brand is the closest I can get.

I made corn on the cob (2 points plus), turkey kielbasa with peppers and onions (3 ounces – 3 points plus), sauerkraut (0 points plus) and sauerkraut pierogi’s (3 for 4 points plus).  It was a delicious, easy to make and filling 9 points plus dinner. I was overloaded in sauerkraut, I admit, but I enjoy sauerkraut so much it was delicious.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite brand of pierogi?


No comments:

Post a Comment