Sunday, June 9, 2013

Skinnytaste’s No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie

When I saw this recipe on the Skinnytaste website I knew I had to make it.  I printed out the recipe and put it on my potential Easter dessert list.  My boyfriend mentioned that it would probably be wise to make the dessert before Easter to try them just incase it wasn’t a hit (I think he really just wanted peanut butter pie).  So, I picked up the ingredients and decided to substitute the Better n Peanut Butter for PB2.  I used the exact same measurements (1/3 cup PB2) although I did mix it with about 2 tablespoons of water just to make it into a smoother consistency.  The points plus values are still the same even with this particular substitution.

The pie is outstanding and was a hit at dinner.  It’s got a really nice airy consistency and taste just like a peanut butter pie should.  Smooth, creamy and delicious.  It was so good my mother asked me to make the pie for Easter.  In fact she asked me to make TWO pies for Easter so since I had chocolate PB2 and regular PB2, I made one of each.  Both are fabulous and both were a hit at Easter.


QUESTION:
Have you tried Skinnytaste’s Peanut Butter Pie?  If so, have you substituted the Better n Peanut Butter for any other peanut butter?


No comments:

Post a Comment