Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk & Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana-Berry Smoothie



After going on a hunt, and I mean month long hunt, for the Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk I FINALLY stumbled across it at Whole Foods.  The funny part of this hunt is, once I finally found it and purchased it, I noticed it starting to pop up on my local grocery stores shelves.  So now, I no longer have to scour the earth for it – I can go to the closest grocery store!

Oddly enough I’m not a fan of milk (bad experience as a child in school), at all, but I LOVE chocolate milk.  As a kid chocolate milk was the only type of milk anyone could get me to drink.  As an adult, I still have a weakness in my heart for chocolate milk.

The greatest part about this almond milk is that 1 cup is only 1 points plus value.  Sure, it’s unsweetened, but if you’d prefer the type with the sugar in it there is a version sold in the refrigerator section as well as in the cardboard containers that can be stored on shelves.  I decided to make smoothies with it because who doesn’t love a chocolate smoothie?

Serves 1.  2 Points Plus values.

  • 1 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
  • 2 tablespoons PB2 (or you can use the chocolate pb2 if that’s what you have, same points plus)
  • 1 packet of equal (or any sugar substitute – optional)
  • 1 banana
  • 4 strawberries
  • 5 ice cubes

Add all your contents to a blender and blend until smooth.  Serve up in your favorite beverage glass or travel mug.  The mixture when blended makes about 25-30 oz smoothie which is quite a lot!

QUESTION:
Have you tried the unsweetened chocolate almond milk?


1 comment:

  1. Need to try this..sounds yummy!! Never tried this chocolate almond milk..loving the calories must find this :)

    ReplyDelete