Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Cherry Peppers

When I spotted these Hot & Sweet Cherry Peppers at Trader Joe’s I immediately had to put them into my shopping cart.  I love hot peppers – crushed, pepper rings, etc. I figured these would be delicious and they reminded me of a homemade treat my mother made when I was younger.

My mother used to make homemade pickled hot and sweet pepper rings.  She’d mix together hot peppers and green peppers, put them into a pickling juice (which had some sugar in it) and can them. We’d eat them with crackers, on sandwiches, in salads, etc.

I opened the jar and I can certifiably say these definitely “bring me back” to my childhood.  They’re hot and sweet but deliciously decadent at the same time.  The peppers are soft and they give you a hint of sweet but then a mild burn.  Delicious!  I’ve been enjoying them on salads, but they’d also be delicious with crackers, on sandwiches, etc.

There are 8 servings in the jar, 1 ounce being a serving size.  A whole serving is 1 points plus value, whereas anything under a 1 ounce serving is 0 points plus values.  What a great little hidden jewel!

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Hot & Sweet Cherry Peppers from Trader Joe’s?

3 comments:

  1. I just made what was being sampled at Trader Joe's...boil and drain penne pasta, stir in a block of cream cheese and add drained and chopped entire jar of Hot and Sweet Peppers. Simple and totally delicious. I used a bag of TJ's rice pasta, but I imagine any would work. It is incredibly delicious, with the hot and sweet going on and the creamy "sauce" the cream cheese makes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please all who love these peppers, post a request to Trader Joe's to bring back the Hot and Sweet Cherry Peppers. They stated they had discontinued due to low sales. I use them in my Olive Tapenade, in Chicken Salad, Salmon Salad, Tuna Salad, and addition to pizza, and flat bread toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bring the peppers back hot and sweet

    ReplyDelete