Friday, July 5, 2013

Ham “Club” Sandwiches




This here is a sandwich I find I sometimes tend to gravitate towards whenever BLT’s are on the menu.  I like protein to pack a punch in my meals and sometimes just 6 slices of ultra-thin turkey bacon isn’t going to do the trick.  I realize club sandwiches typically come with 3 slices of bread, but there is no need for that especially since, if I am really hungry, two sandwiches are more than sustainable.

I purchase the Butterball Ultra-Thin Turkey Bacon which you can have 3 slices of bacon for 1 points plus value.  Usually I have 6 slices of bacon for 2 points plus values, which in my opinion is the best “bang for your buck” turkey bacon on the market.

Each sandwich is 4 points plus values each, two being 8 points plus values.  I do usually add 1 tablespoon of Hellmann’s light mayonnaise into the mix (adding half of it onto each sandwich) making the two sandwiches 9 points plus.  Or if you truly only wanted one you could use one teaspoon of the light mayo and still keep it 4 points plus.

Here’s what I use to assemble my 2 sandwiches (if you only want one sandwich, cut each amount listed in half):

4 slices Light Italian bread, toasted
4 ounces shaved Krakus Polish Imported Ham
6 slices Butterball Ultra-Thin turkey bacon
1 tablespoon Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise
Lettuce
Tomato, sliced
Onion, sliced

These are a home run. They’re delicious, filling and you feel like you’re having something you’d order at a dinner … but in the comfort of your own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment