Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Amazon Haul: Tajin & PB2



I’ve grown to truly love Amazon because I can get items I cannot find in stores and I can also get items I can find in stores for cheaper on Amazon.  Those things range all across the board but two of my recent “food finds” I purchased are a newbie and a repeat purchase.  The first item I went on the hunt for (after calling various stores and asking different produce managers) was:

Tajin – a seasoning produced by a Mexican company.  The spice is a blend of chile peppers, lime and salt which is a spicy tangy mix to sprinkle over fruit. I admit when I first saw Tajin popping up on my Instagram feed I was intrigued, but a little scared.  I can sometimes be sensitive to spice (depending on the pepper) but I decided I’d give this a shot.  It is a lot cheaper if you can find it at your local grocery store, but since Amazon was the only place I could find mine, I bit the bullet and ordered it even though it was slightly more than it would have been if I could have found it in a store.

PB2 in the big mamma jamma package!  PB2 is a powder peanut butter which gives you the flavor of peanut butter, without all the fat and calories associated with regular peanut butter.  2 tablespoons of this stuff (powder form) is 1 points plus value. Amazing!  I’ve used it with cool whip to make fruit dips, I’ve used it to make peanut butter pie and I’ve used it in smoothies.  The possibilities are truly endless with this stuff.  I made a couple peanut butter pies (there’s also a chocolate PB2 which is amazing BTW) and NOBODY knew it wasn’t “real” peanut butter.  I stick to buying my PB2 off Amazon because I sometimes have a hard time tracking it down and after finding a different brand in Whole Foods I found it was way more expensive in store than online.

QUESTION:
Do you have any great food finds you purchase online?

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea powdered peanut butter existed! I love peanut butter, so I definitely want to try this. I recently bought some whole powdered egg from amazon for baking small amounts of things. I love shopping on amazon for this kind of stuff too. I've been looking for the Thomas banana bread flavor english muffins on there because they're not sold on the west coast but no luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PB2 is the greatest invention ever. I've had powdered eggs (from a cafeteria) but I like eggbeaters. Good luck finding the Thomas' English muffins. Could you perhaps call a grocery store and see if they carry them?

      Delete
    2. I've decided to try making my own English muffins with banana. A little experiment, should be fun!

      Delete
    3. Let me know how it turns out! I've never dabbled into making bread ... well, aside from a Jamaican "loaf" bread which didn't rise because it was an experiment and I never worked with yeast before that lol

      Delete