Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal

My local grocery store sells a lot of name brand products which are similar to brand name items.  I had spotted this Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal and decided to pick it up because it was sweetened with splenda and the nutritional stats weren’t bad at all.  Calculating out the points plus values, it was actually less then the “Weight Control” oatmeal by Quaker Oats.

I admit I’m not the biggest fan of oatmeal but occasionally it’s something I enjoy, usually when I feel a little chilly.  I know the packets of oatmeal are filled with unnecessary sugars but in my pre-Weight Watchers days it’s what I gravitated towards because it was flavorful and sweet.

One packet of oatmeal was 3 points plus values, or two packets was 5 points plus values.  On this morning I was quite hungry, so I made two packets of oatmeal and topped it with a sliced banana. It was a very, very filling meal.  If you’re not used to a splenda flavor, you’d be able to tell but I use sugar substitutes so it doesn’t bother me.

I like these because they’re convenient.  I can throw a packet into a bag and bring them with me wherever I go and heat one up as long as there’s hot water available.  Quick, easy and simple … sometimes the recipe for the best choices.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite way to have oatmeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment