Monday, July 29, 2013

Skinny Cow Cupcake Batter Ice Cream



When I saw Skinny Cow had released a new single serving ice cream Cupcake Batter Ice Cream (wayyyy back in March!), I was immediately on the hunt.  Sadly, my hunting continuously came up high and dry because I couldn’t find them anywhere – they just were not available in my area for the longest time -- until recently. I’ve seen them popping up on grocery store shelves, so I of course had to grab one to give it a whirl.

One thing I love about Skinny Cow ice creams is they taste just as good as the full-fat point heavy ice creams on the market. They also make shopping simpler because the points plus values are printed on the packaging making choosing a little easier.

I’m a lover of cake batter ice cream, but I believe I may have hyped this point friendly cupcake batter ice cream up more than I should have. Perhaps I made it too good to be true because after a few bites, sadly, I was no longer impressed.  The cupcake/cake batter flavor fizzled after 3-bites and I was left with something that kind of resembled caramel.  It was odd. I doubt I’ll be buying another one of these … I’ll stick with my beloved Skinny Cow cones and sandwiches.

This single serve ice cream cup is 4 points plus.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite Skinny Cow ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment