Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Trader Joe’s Pizza Veggie Burgers



I saw these Pizza Veggie Burgers advertised on the Trader Joe’s website as a new product and I was intrigued.  I’m a fan of veggie burgers but I only like certain brands of veggie burgers.  I’ve tried pizza veggie burgers in the past and it was a complete fail, but I figured Trader Joe’s very rarely lets me down.  Low and behold when I went into Trader Joe’s they were offering a demo (as they do all the time) and the product in the demo was the pizza veggie burger with marinara sauce.  One bite and I was hooked and into my cart both products went.

The pizza burgers are made with tomato basil and mozzarella cheese.  I opted to heat my burger up in the microwave – but you can heat it up on the stove top as well.  I topped it with some homemade pizza sauce I had whipped together for dinner that night.

It was so delicious.  The burger tastes like pizza would – saucy, cheesy and just delicious.  Topped with some extra sauce it’s just a party on a plate.  I’m not biased at all when I saw this is one of the best pizza veggie burgers I have ever tried.  When I finish the rest of the box, I will undoubtedly be purchasing another box.

Each burger is 130 calories – 3 points plus each. Well worth it, in my opinon.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Pizza Veggie Burgers?

8 comments:

  1. I agree, I love TJ's pizza burger patties. Just had one for lunch today wrapped in a tortilla. So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're enjoying them as I am! I'm all out ... which means they're on my list for next time :)

      Delete
  2. I am eating one right now for the first time and googled to see what other people thought. I agree with you--they're awesome!! I topped mine with caramelized onions and had a tomato/feta/basil salad on the side! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caramelized onions sound amazing. I just bought another box of these - so I'll have to give it a try like that!

      Delete
  3. They are absolutely delicious! I eat them with marinara sauce. I'm on my third box

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you mind posting the recipe for your homemade pizza sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried trader joes pizza veggie burgers and they are great.
    But are they healthy for you? Because now I eat them every 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried trader joes pizza veggie burgers and they are great.
    But are they healthy for you? Because now I eat them every 2 days.

    ReplyDelete