Thursday, July 25, 2013

Homemade Burgers and “Fries” at home!

I’ve been craving this burger for weeks.  My boyfriend makes undoubtedly THE best hamburgers. He seasons the meat with a few ingredients, but he adds onions and green peppers to the mixture.  He does it in a way that everything still stays together, without the use of an egg, and doesn’t fall apart on the grill.  It’s amazing and SO delicious.  One would think it would taste like a meatloaf, but it really doesn’t. It’s just a butt kicking hamburger! In the past, he would have used a 80/20 or 85/15 cut beef, but for me he graciously uses my 93/7 ground beef.

He made his burgers, grilled them and served them up along with some sliced tomato and lettuce.  This really is a perfect summertime food.  I enjoyed mine on a Trader Joe’s Multigrain Slim with some reduced sugar ketchup and spicy mustard.  My whole burger was only 5 points plus and it was incredibly filling.

On the side, since it was too hot to turn the oven on, I threw a potato in the microwave for a few minutes until it was cooked through.  I sliced it up into wedges, topped it with a little French fry seasoning and garnished it with a side of ketchup. It’s a little ode to fries.  I saw this on a fellow blogger and Weight Watcher members Instagram feed and immediately decided I had to try it (since I love potatoes and ketchup).  It’s a match made in heaven … and it’s only 3 points plus (for a 5.5 oz cooked potato).  Potatoes = Power foods which equals fullness!

Who needs McDonald’s when you can have a delicious meal like this at home?  Especially when the whole plate pictured only “cost” me 8 points plus values!

QUESTION:
Do you have a favorite summertime food?

No comments:

Post a Comment