Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trader Joe’s Chicken Parmigiana with Marinara Sauce



I’ve seen this Chicken Parmigiana with Marinara Sauce at Trader Joe’s countless times but just hadn’t picked it up until recently.  I was really in the mood for chicken parm, but since my boyfriend isn’t a fan of cheese, it just made a little more sense to pick this up to have and share with any willing parties (which happened to be my mother).

I’ve tried the eggplant towers from Trader Joe’s and was a huge fan, so I went into the chicken parm with high hopes and I can firmly state I was not let down.  The whole dish was just superb and a great treat.  The chicken is moist and easy to cut (I didn’t need to use a knife even after microwaving the dish).  It’s covered in a delicious thick sauce, which in my opinion is phenomenal and packed with flavor. It’s then topped with a thin layer of cheese.  Quite yummy!

There are 2 servings in the container, with 8 ounces being a serving size.  I found each of the chicken cutlets were roughly the same size, the sauce being evenly distributed amongst both pieces brought each serving close to the 8 ounces.  A serving is 9 points plus, which may seem high but when factoring a 6 ounce piece of chicken, breaded cutlet, sauce and cheese – it’s well worth it.  I did enjoy mine alongside a tossed salad which made it a complete meal without needing to have pasta.  It got two big thumbs up from both my mother and I.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Trader Joe’s Chicken Parmigiana?

No comments:

Post a Comment