Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Trader Joe’s Five Seed Almond Bars



I randomly spotted these Trader Joe’s Five Seed Almond Bars and was so glad I did.  I had been looking for some sort of an almond bar at Trader Joe’s, but always came up empty handed because I was looking down the snack aisle instead of the pre-packaged cookies over the freezer section (at least in my store).  Almond bars are one of my guilty pleasures – and I say guilty pleasures because the almond bars sold at my local Italian bakery are so sweet, small and higher in points.  There were two different types of almond bars – one in a covered bowl and these.  I’m glad I chose these because they were well worth the wait, the hunt and the points!

The almond bars are made of a blend of flax, poppy, sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds which are combined with almonds.  The bar itself is softer and chewy (which is how I really like my almond bars!).  They actually are quite large for a serving, when in comparison to “regular” almond bars out at bakeries.  I feel these are probably one of the healthiest almond bars you can find and have because there’s so much good stuff in it.

Each bar is 110 calories – 3 points plus values.  Taste wise?  It reminds me of a hermit.  If you aren’t familiar, hermit cookies (or healthy hermits which are made with seeds and are equally delicious) are a molasses spiced cookie which has raisons in it.  They’re not as spiced as hermits, they’re toned down, but you can taste a bit of spice and sweetness in the background.  They’re simply delicious and a great snack.

QUESTION:
Have you tried these Five Seed Almond Bars?

No comments:

Post a Comment