Thursday, July 25, 2013

Kellogg’s Special K Nourish – Lemon Twist



I had been seeing these Kellogg’s Special K Nourish at Walmart for a few weeks but was hesitant to pick up a box because I already had a growing stash of nutrition bars to enjoy.  Finally, after finding a bin containing single bars, I purchased the Lemon Twist flavor because I love lemon.  The nutrition bar is made with a blend of multi-grain and quinoa, which I felt was really different.

After gathering the will to try it, I opened the package and immediately smelled this earthy fragrance with a strong note of lemon.  The lemon wasn’t unpleasant but the earthy fragrance was, well, rather daunting.  Looking at the bar, you can see the quinoa and you can see a mixture of grains which are all stuck together with a lemony icing over the top of the bar.  Earthy crunchy smell aside, I took a bite.  It was okay … nothing fabulous, but nothing wretched.  The texture is chewy, it’s not very sweet, but it is lemony although not overpowering.  I can’t say I was a huge fan of these, nor can I say that I would be purchasing another box – but it was interesting to “step outside the box” in the nutrition bar realm.  My only suggestion would be if you do want to try these or any of the other flavors available … try to get your hands on a single bar instead of a whole box. It might save you a couple bucks if you end up disliking these.

A single bar is a serving and it’s 4 points plus values. Admittedly these are one of the lower point nutrition bars I have tried … but the taste isn’t quite up to par for me, so I’ll stick with my slightly higher in point nutrition bars.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Kellogg’s Special K Nourish bars?

No comments:

Post a Comment