Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pure Protein Shake Frosty Chocolate

Recently, you may have seen me post about the Vanilla Cream Pure Protein Shake.

Well, while at the supermarket I was meandering through the aisles in the health food section and noticed they carried 4-pack screw top bottles of Pure Protein Shake so I picked up the Frosty Chocolate to try.  There was also a Cookies & Cream flavor, which I undoubtedly want to try next.  Although I have since spotted the brand at Walmart (as well a keg of pure protein powder).

There are days and instances where I just need to boost my protein intake.  I admit I don’t like to drink my points, but for a whole can which can give me 23 grams of protein for only 3 points plus values – I’ll take it.  Most protein powders/shakes/drinks are in the 5+ points value range particularly when they get into the higher levels of protein such as this (23g).  Occasionally on days where I’m not really hungry for good for breakfast, I’ll have a shake and it tides me over for a few hours until lunch time.

The Frosty Chocolate isn’t bad, but I think the vanilla is better.  This doesn’t have a solid aftertaste, but it does kind of remind me of a chalky chocolate – but it’s nothing disgusting.  I’ve drank two cans of these already and they just do the job.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Pure Protein Shakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment