Saturday, July 20, 2013

Quaker Puffed Wheat Cereal



I stumbled upon Quaker Puffed Wheat cereal a few years ago and since that first introduction, it’s been a rather staple box of cereal in my cabinet.  I’m not going to lie and say it’s the most scrumptious cereal I’ve ever eaten.  It’s not. It’s plain and well, a little boring.  Okay, so you’re probably wondering if it’s plain and boring why do you eat it?  Well, I use it as a filler in my cereals because you can get 1 ¼ cups of cereal for only 1 points plus value!

Pre-Weight Watchers days I never knew what a nutrition label was (okay, I did but I never acknowledged they existed), better yet I never knew what a serving size of cereal was.  I was simple a get a gigantic bowl, dump until almost full and then fill with milk kind of girl.  Cereal is one of those foods that psychologically the more the better – maybe because the more you have the sweeter the milk gets? No idea.

I admit when I have cereal and I pour ¾ cup into a bowl, I give it a little face.  It’s really not a whole lot.  To boost it up I typically add in strawberries and banana which give it more body and is pleasing on the eye.

Sometimes I want more cereal in my bowl than just that ¾ cup.  So this is what I do … I cut up my strawberries and banana, pour in my 1 ¼ cup Puffed Wheat.  Depending on the other cereal I am using I may or mot not sprinkle an Equal packet over the top of the puffed wheat.  I then add in a serving size of whatever cereal of my choice and typically 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.  I’ve used Kix, Berry Kix, Vanilla Chex, Chocolate Fiber One, Lucky Charms, Honey Nut Cheerios, etc.  When mixed with another cereal and fruit, the Puffed Wheat cereal takes on the flavor of the other mixtures and it’s just delicious.

I literally get this BIG honking bowl of cereal for only 5 points plus values.  I am a volume eater and aesthetically it’s pleasing, while it’s also delicious and filling in my stomach.

QUESTION:
Have you tried Quaker Puffed Wheat cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment