Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Tuna Salad on Salad


Lately I’ve been going for tuna fish to be a staple lunch or even dinner for myself.  With it being summer, tuna salad is one of the dishes I find myself enjoying more than normal. My tuna salad I used to make was 5 points plus values, but I had been looking to cut back on the points to make a tasty tuna salad for half the points.  I was fiddling with the recipe and came up with a concoction that I totally love and find to be very appealing on the palette.  It’s great on top of a bed of salad, while it’s also great on bread or pita as a yummy sandwich (with some added tomato and lettuce to bring it home).

3 Points Plus Values. Serves 1.
  • 1 can tuna (weighed out 3 oz), drained, shredded
  • Onion, diced (adjust to your liking)
  • Pickle, diced
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp yellow mustard
  • 1 tbsp crushed hot peppers
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.  Serve on salad or on bread (adjust points plus values to reflect bread choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment