Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip

I purchased this Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip going into the purchase rather blindly.  I had never had kale before, but I know that I love spinach and artichoke dip.  Figuring it had to be along those lines, I decided to give it a shot … and I am glad I did.

The dip is creamy and packed with flavor.  I’d go out on a limb and say if you’re not a fan of greek yogurt, then perhaps you won’t be head over heals for this.  But if you don’t mind greek yogurt and like healthy alternatives to snacks, then this will work for you.  The dip itself is made from fat free Greek yogurt, kale, spinach, water chestnuts (which give it a great little crunch), red peppers, carrots, green onions, garlic, seasonings, mayonnaise and it’s lightly sweetened with agave nectar.

A serving is 2 tablespoons, which is 1 points plus value.  You can also have 4 tablespoons for 2 points plus values or even 6 tablespoons for 3 points plus values.  I find this is an excellent dip to either have with fresh vegetables, crackers or even as a condiment on a sandwich.  It’s a healthy snack, but it’s flavorful which really eliminates the boring factor that sometimes is associated with “healthy snacks”.

QUESTION:
Have you tried Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt spinach and kale dip?

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to like this so much, but I think the agave sweetness throws me off. The nearest Trader Joe's us about 2 hours from me. I'm going to see if my mom likes it and maybe pass it along to her! Love digging through your blog after following you on IG for a long time! Molly

    ReplyDelete