Monday, November 18, 2013

Gevalia Mocha Latte

I received a sample of the new Gevalia Mocha Latte k-cup “foam at home” drink.  I was intrigued by these because I am a fan of lattes, coffee and milk chocolate and this just seemed so interesting. The lattes are sold with k-cups and foam packets, so you add the foam packet to your coffee mug, put the k-cup in and brew.

The lattes are sold in three flavors: mocha latte (a creamy blend of cocoa and coffee topped with a velvety layer of froth), caramel macchiato (creamy and smooth with the indulgent flavor of caramel, made from real milk) and cappuccino (smooth, mildly sweet, with subtle roasted notes, made from real milk).

The mocha latte is truly as described – a delicious blend of coffee and cocoa. It tastes as if you brewed a cup of coffee and put half a packet of hot chocolate into it. It’s smooth, mildly sweet and a decadent late night treat or even early morning wake-me-up. I did not add any extra milk or sugar into my cup as I found it to be perfect. What I will note is that it was making this really strange crackling sound as the coffee was drizzling into the foam. Initially I thought some sort of glass was cracking in my kitchen until I realized it was coming from the cup that was brewing.  After a few stirs once my keurig was done brewing, the crackling sufficed once the powder mixture was fully incorporated. I enjoyed this quite a bit and will be picking up a box next time I spot it in stores.

Each cup is 80 calories or 2 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Gevalia foaming drinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment