Sunday, November 3, 2013

Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Pancakes



I have been seeing a boatload of pumpkin spice pancake mix all over the place, but had been mildly hesitant to pick up a box for two reasons. One, many of the mixes I have spotted required eggs and oil, which I don’t like adding to my pancake mix. Second, I realize I love pumpkin but my boyfriend isn’t the biggest pumpkin fan.  There are a few exceptions to that rule … so I had hoped that these Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice Pancakes would be an exception.  And … they were!

The mix itself is quite simple to put together – all you have to do is mix together water and the dry mix, with no need for eggs, oil, etc. A ½ cup of mix is a serving, so to make pancakes for two I used 1 cup of mix and divided out the water (listed on the back of the box) out for 2 servings instead of 4.

The pancakes cooked up nicely. As they cooked they changed into a nice brown color, and with the pancake browning it made it perfect. The pumpkin flavor wasn’t overwhelming, but it was noticeable. I enjoyed my pancakes with 1 tablespoon of sugar free syrup on them, with a sautéed banana on top of it.  Since we were having pancakes for dinner, I opted for scrambled eggbeaters and turkey sausage.

A ½ cup of mix is 230 calories or 6 points plus values. Delicious!

QUESTON:
Have you ventured into pumpkin spice pancakes?


2 comments:

  1. Where, what store chain, did you find the Krusteaz Pumpkin Spice pancake mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I got this last year I found it at Big Lots. But from what I hear Wal-Mart carries it during pumpkin season.

      Delete