Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Barilla Traditional Pasta Sauce

Jarred pasta sauce is one of those food items I like to keep in my pantry. I’m a huge fan of homemade sauce … but I admit, sometimes homemade sauce is not something I have the time to make, especially when we need to put dinner together in a pinch. Searching for pasta sauces is an interesting thing because I’m one of those people that stands there, looking at all the labels, comparing and calculating. So, typically when I find something that’s “point friendly” I try it, and if it tastes good … I just gravitate towards that and buy it.

A few weeks back Barilla pasta sauce was on sale, so I decided to pick up a jar. I was surprised when I turned the jar around and checked the nutrition facts. It was surprisingly low, especially for a name brand sauce that wasn’t advertised as a “healthy alternative”.  Due to the sale my store only had the Barilla Traditional Pasta Sauce available (the others were sold out) so I grabbed a few jars.

We opened a jar last night for dinner because my boyfriend doesn’t like alfredo and I have to say, this sauce is VERY good! It’s moderately thick, flavorful and a great addition to pasta. Sometimes I find with “traditional” flavored sauces they can be a little bland – but I found this one to be perfect. My boyfriend really enjoyed it and this will become a staple purchase for me and my family.

A ½ cup serving is 70 calories or 1 points plus value.

QUESTION:
What is one of your favorite jarred sauces?

No comments:

Post a Comment